Muscle Medic Soothing Salve
Running. Rowing. Pulling. Pushing. Digging in your garden. Lifting crying youngsters. Frisbee Elbow. Tennis shoulder. Nintendo thumb (ah, nostalgia). No matter where your sore muscles, bruises, or sprains come from, we've got you covered with Muscle Medic Soothing Salve.
This salve is made of:
- A base of organic calendula-infused olive oil. Calendula is revered for its anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and antioxidant properties. Just the thing to quiet those aching joints or sore muscles.
- A touch of beeswax, which not only stabilizes and thickens the product, but also adds its own anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Organic cayenne powder. Cayenne contains capsaicin, the compound that makes them hot. When applied to the skin, the body senses heat, interprets that heat as pain, and then combats it with a pain-fighting rush of endorphins to the area, effectively easing the ache.
- Organic ginger powder. Ginger contains a pain suppressing property called gingerol, a relative of capsaicin and nearly as useful when it comes to soothing sore muscles or inflamed skin.
- Organic lavender and eucalyptus essential oils. While lavender is known for its calming properties on the mind and body, eucalyptus is used to cool and refresh; the perfect combination for when you're recovering from an injury or strain. Both essential oils also contain antiseptic and pain relieving properties, working in conjunction with all the other beneficial ingredients in this salve to combat your physical woes.
Packaged in a convenient 1 oz tin printed with compostable labels and shipped in recycled, recylable packaging so you can feel good about what's inside AND outside your product.
To use: with clean, dry fingers, spread evenly over skin and massage in. Use a little or a lot. The amount depends on the area of the ache and the level of the pain.
*For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.