Cedarwood & Patchouli Deodorant
Still using your favorite store-bought, antiperspirant deodorant? Perhaps it's time to think about ditching it.
Because it most likely contains a host of harmful ingredients, like aluminum, which has been linked to breast cancer, Alzheimer's, bone disorders, and kidney problems, "fragrance", which is a term typically used to mask a chemical cocktail of synthetic scents that can wreak havoc on your endocrine system, sodium laurel sulfate (SLS), a known carcinogen, parabens, which have also been linked to breast cancer and are known endocrine disruptors, and a whole slew of other ingredients that you probably can't even pronounce and do God only knows what to your body.
Plus, sweating is GOOD for you. It's how the body rids itself of toxins and cools itself down. But what's that? You'd really rather not get a whiff of what smells like an onion that's been left out in the sun all day every time you lift your arms?
Fear not, my friend. There's a way to combat the pesky pit bacteria that creates that odor. This recipe contains:
- Organic Coconut Oil: saturated fats in the form of medium chain triglycerides make coconut oil a rich moisturizer. Add in antimicrobial properties, naturally occurring proteins, vitamin E (a known antioxidant), and a host of beneficial fatty acids and coconut oil's reputation as a use-for-everything oil begins to make sense.
- Organic Arrowroot Starch: a much better thickening agent than cornstarch, because its organic, gmo-free, and minimally processed.
- Organic Mango Butter: a harder butter than shea or cocoa, and with a higher melting point, this fatty-acid rich butter is a wonderful moisturizer.
- Beeswax: a thickening, stabilizing additive that lends some hardiness to the product.
- Baking Soda: prevents fungal growth and fights odor.
- Organic Patchouli Essential Oil: known for its disinfecting, antifungal, antiseptic, and deodorizing properties, this essential oil is a powerhouse when it comes to combating underarm odor.
- Organic Cedarwood (Virginia) Essential Oil: this oil not only blends well with (and, let's face it, tones down) patchouli, but because of its own astringent and fungicidal properties, it works in tandem with the patchouli oil to keep you smelling like you just strolled out of a forest. In a GOOD way.
Packaged in a recycled, recyclable paperboard tube with a compostable label and shipped in recycled, recyclable materials so you can feel good about what's inside AND outside your product.
*For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.