Age Defying Facial Serum
"Wait a second, wait a second, WAIT A SECOND. You want me to put oil on my face?!?!"
In all likelihood, that's the question you just screamed at me into your computer screen. Thankfully, the technology to transfer that scream from your computer to mine hasn't been invented yet (please, gods of tech, let it never be). So, since you're likely wondering what the actual *ahem* I'm thinking, let me explain.
Forget everything you know. Oil is GOOD for you. You should consider cleaning your face with it, and then slapping some more on once you've rinsed that lot off.
*ducks flying shoe*
No seriously, I mean it! Go ahead and look up "the oil cleansing method" and let your mind be blown. By cleansing your skin with oil, you're adhering to one of the basic principles of chemistry: like dissolves like.
Once your skin is clean, it's time to moisturize! Now, when you get right down to it, most store-bought moisturizers are nothing but oil (likely solvent extracted mineral oil or animal fats - which your skin is less likely to recognize and absorb than steam-distilled or cold-pressed plant-based oils), alcohol, water, and a slew of chemical emulsifiers and preservatives meant to blend all of that together and extend its shelf-life to some unnatural (and frankly terrifying) number of years.
By moisturizing with naturally-derived, plant-based oil (like what's found in this serum), you're skipping over all those chemical additives and getting straight to the point of it all: MOISTURIZING YOUR SKIN.
This recipe contains the following:
- Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil: Widely considered to be the oil (or wax, since it technically is one) that most closely resembles sebum. Because of this, it's absorbed more easily than any other and won't clog up your pores.
- Organic Cold-Pressed Evening Primrose Oil: Rich in omega-6 fatty acids and antioxidants, this oil works to reduce fine lines, smooth over rough skin spots, and even lighten up those dark under-eye circles.
- Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil: Over 70% of this oil is made up of essential fatty acids, and it also includes Vitamin C, Vitamin A (retinol), and lycopene. Together, they help restore elasticity to the skin and ward off sun damage and pollutants that can prematurely age skin.
- Organic Cold-Pressed Sea Buckthorn Oil: This little gem is the future of natural anti-aging products, in my humble opinion. Packed full of beneficial constituents like beta-Carotene, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, lycopene, and linoleic acid, this oil's moniker should be The Wrinkle Eraser.
- Organic Steam-Distilled Frankincense Essential Oil: A natural cicatrisant, this oil is a powerful healer. It can reduce the appearance of stretch marks, scars, sunspots, age spots, and even wrinkles, all while prompting the body to regenerate skin cells.
Packaged in a recyclable glass bottle with a compostable label, and shipped in recycled, recyclable materials, so you can feel good about what's inside AND outside your product.
*For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.